Monday, February 25, 2013

TUNA SALAD

Hope everyone is having a great Monday. I just wanted to share another easy to do, still delicious recipe. This time is my favorite tuna salad.  
Salads don't have to be boring!!! :) So here is one of my favorite tuna salad recipes.  Preparation time is only 15 minutes.

Ingredients:

-1 can of your favorite tuna
-1 boiled egg
-several sprigs of coriander
-a few lettuce leaves
-1 tomato
- some slices of cucumber
-organic fresh bean sprouts
-a dash of your favorite olive oil and apple cider vinegar or half squeezed lemon 
-salt and pepper

I do not use any commercial salad dressings, instead I prefer to use lemon or apple cider vinegar and my favorite olive oil for all my salads.

The health benefits of coriander are actually surprising, and so easy to use in the kitchen. I use it in so many recipes.:) Although coriander should be used with care, since some people can be allergic to it.

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
                                                                     
                                                                    Et Voilà!!!:)

And for desert, I suggest some fresh blackberries and some strawberries. If you wish you can add a teaspoon of your favorite honey on top of it. It's delicious!:)
Berries are a rich source of vitamin C. This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that both prevents cell damage and repairs damaged cells. Vitamin C also promotes immune system function and helps to prevent inflammation. These awesome fruits are always on my grocery list, plus my 19 month old daughter loves them!:)
 
 
Do you have any great easy to do salad recipes you would like to share with us?
Would love to hear from you!
 
Claudia
 


4 comments:

  1. Já adorei sem ainda ter provado!
    Que bom aspecto! Delicioso!
    Querida mais uma vez obrigada pelo teu carinho!
    Que querida!
    As tuas receitas deixam-me com água na boca!
    :)
    Ainda não as fiz mas está para breve!
    Um beijinho Marafado*
    Aguardo o e-mail*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummi...i'm getting hungry!!! Altought im not big into saladas, this one looks pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious!! I don't purchase any premade dressings either! I made a Dijon balsamic viniagrette this week :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.
With Love,
Claudia Persi