Tuesday, February 19, 2013

SIMPLE SALMON RECIPE

Hi lovely followers and readers. Even though this is not a cooking blog, I still once in a while like to share with you some of my favorites. Today, I wanted to share with you this healthy, easy and low calorie recipe that I made yesterday for dinner. This is a very simple, but delicious way to prepare fresh salmon using just a few ingredients from your pantry and refrigerator.
I love the simplicity and great taste of this recipe. I've never cooked salmon before, so I wanted to start with something simple. The fillet came out moist and delicious!
 


Here is how I did it:

 
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. While the oven is preheating, place the salmon fillets on a lightly oiled non-stick pan , skin side down. Cut your lemon in half and squeeze half of the juice on the salmon, add 2 smash garlic cloves, 1 small piece of fresh ginger also smashed, some salt and freshly ground black pepper. Then add some fresh oregano and fresh rosemary on top. Bake until salmon is cooked through about 20 minutes.

Ingredients:
 
1 teaspoon salt (I used sea salt instead of regular)
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Fresh rosemary
Fresh oregano
1 small piece of fresh ginger
2 fresh garlic cloves ( I never use garlic powder, I prefer the fresh garlic:)
1 lemon 


 

I suggest to keep the salmon accompaniments simple in order to best enjoy the deliciousness of the fish. Simple foods, such as plain rice or boiled new potatoes, or a fresh salad are all great options.  This time, I choose to do some rice and baked some veggies on the side.

To drink a delicious white or rose wine is what I suggest for this yummy recipe.:)  Salmon is one of the healthiest foods you can eat. It's bursting with omega-3 fatty acids, protein, vitamins, and minerals. 
 

Et Voilà!!!:)






My husband and our 19 month old daughter totally loved it. We are for sure going to repeat this one!
Next time, I am adding some asparagus on the side. Love asparagus!:) Do you have any delicious salmon recipes that you would like to share with us? Would love to hear from you.
If you have any recipes that you would like to share with all of us please email me and maybe we can have yours featured here in my blog or if you prefer simply comment below. :)

Don't forget to comment on the GIVEAWAY post for a chance to win an All natural Stain Remover by Buncha Farmers. :)

Claudia

23 comments:

  1. I ate it and it was really awesome. Lets do it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're funny!:) Thanks hun, you're the best!

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious, Claudia...and so healthy, too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claudia- just letting you know...you might want to enable your email on your profile...we're unable to respond directly to your comments on our blogs unless you do. You show up as a no-reply blogger. If you click the little orange Blogger sign at the upper right hand corner of your blog, it will take you to your dashboard. Then click on the little arrow next to your name at the top right corner and click "account settings". That will take you to the page where you can add an email. Then when you comment, people can reply directly to the comment email they receive! Hope this helps! Many people have no idea they aren't enabled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda you are so sweet in telling me this. Thank you so much. You're the best! Seriously you are! But I am afraid I can't find a way to do it. I am probably not doing this well. Ohhh this is embarrassing. hehehe
      Let me try this again.
      btw Linda your dog is the cutest thing you should do a post just about him. hehehe and no I am not kidding. :)

      Delete
    2. No problem, Claudia...people can respond on your blog, too! A good excuse for a visit! I think the pups are pretty entertaining!

      Delete
  4. Hi Claudia,
    First thank you for your lovely comments and the follow I followed you too.
    Second I love this recipe I am definitely going to try it, I love how much flavor there is with all the herbs and no heavy sauce that you usually see in fish recipes.
    Have a Great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dejana:) You should definately try it out it took me just a few minutes and the result was so yummy plus it's super healthy.:)
      I will try for sure your sugar free chocolate recipe. Looks delicious:)

      Delete
  5. thanks for your lovely comment, following back :)

    www.anightinnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Olga!:) Love your blog, can't wait to go back to NYC.:)

      Delete
  6. looks delicious dear! nice blog..
    what about following each other? just let me know :)

    -itskeicee

    http://www.itskeicee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keicee, I also checked your blog. Loved your DIY bracelet post! Following back:)
      Claudia

      Delete
  7. I looove salmon, i do it all the time in sooo many diferent ways, this is a new one and i'm definitly trying it one of these days :) i just didn't get it, you first put in oily pan, how much time? and then go to oven??
    One of the ways i cook salmon sometimes is wrapped in aluminium foil, also in oven, you get some squares of aluminium and put there the fish, and some vegetables you like, and herbs, and then make little packages, you know, and then go to oven, and then you got nice individual salmon surprises ihihihi (sorry about my english)
    big kiss, cousin, I love the recipes you share

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your english is perfect!:)Mine is not so amazing, I studied and lived in a french province for almost 20 years before, so english is already my third language. :) I have to try the way you do it, looks delicious too. :) Yup you just put a little bit of oil in your pan and then add your salmon with all the herbs and ingredients... and you just put it in the oven. That's pretty much it. :) It's so easy, awesome for busy moms. :)
      Jokas prima.

      Delete
  8. ola linda :D
    obrigada por me seguires :)
    tambem ja te tou a seguir :D

    nham nham adoro salmao :D
    beijocas

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so delicious! I have to try this asap hehehe. BTW your photos are awesome!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Olá Cláudia. Não é todos os dias que novos seguidores deixam um comentário a apresentar-se e elogiam o nosso blog, por isso muito obrigada :) Vou seguir de volta, beijinho :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks delicious!!
    I will do to my little girl
    Then say if she liked!
    ;)

    http://docemarafada.blogspot.pt

    A Marafada de Algodão Doce*

    ReplyDelete
  12. sao mesmo :D
    ai nao deve de vender quando vieres a Portugal tens de experimentares :D
    beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing! will def try :)

    www.anightinnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.
With Love,
Claudia Persi