Wednesday, March 27, 2013

ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH

I absolutely love butternut squash and there is so many easy ways to cook it. Today I will share with you my latest fast, super easy, nutritious and really delicious way to eat butternut squash.
If you only cut it in half, it takes close to 1 hour to bake, unless you cut it into cubes, like I did this time. I've made this many times before and I absolutely love the flavor.
Cut squash in half lengthwise, using a spoon, scoop out the seeds, peel and if you prefer cut it in cubes so it bakes faster (about 30 minutes).
Spread a little bit of vegetable oil on your baking pan,  season with salt and black pepper and roast until is fork-tender.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
 Et Voilà!!!:)
 
 Hope you enjoyed this fast and easy to make "recipe". Your turn now...
 
Claudia

10 comments:

  1. It looks delicious. Thanks for sharing! I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog and (if you like) following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? We also have a giveaway going on right now! xx

    Blog: sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    Enter our current Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.:) I am glad you liked it. I like to share a bit of everything here in my personal blog. From fashion, beauty, recipes, traveling... pretty much everything I enjoy and love. :)
      Take care and hope you visit me many times. YOur blog is really lovely also following you.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Sophia it is really delicous. You got to try this. It's super easy!:)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for following my blog! I am following you back! I love butternut squash! I cook it the same way you do, but then after roast it I put everything in the blender. Salt yellow onions in butter, add a little chicken broth and half/half and make a soup. It is delicious!
    www.notasinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh that sounds delicous too. You should share that on your lovely blog. There are so many yummy ways to make butternut squash and it's so good for you. :)

      Delete
  4. I love butternut squash...roasting it is delicious! Your photos make me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and so easy to do and my 20 month old baby loves it. Well I have to say that she loves pretty much everything. Lol
      I also like to make it as a sauce for pasta. Really delicous. There are so many easy ways to make butternut squash and it's so good for you.:)
      Thanks Linda for passing by, always love to hear from you. Hope you have a good Easter and weekend.
      Take care

      Delete
  5. uaau, que receita interessante e simples, essa vou experimentar, nunca fiz abóbora assim, normalmente só uso pra sopa... que falta de imaginação!!! thanks cousin for sharing! KIISSS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada prima. :) Simples e super facil ja sem falar que e uma delicia. Uma vez por semana faco. A Sofia adora. :)
      Jokas para ti e para o Pedrinho.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.
With Love,
Claudia Persi