Saturday, October 12, 2013

MOVIES AND PIZZA

Hello everyone!

I know It's been a while since I posted something on the blog, but I've been really busy doing renovations in the house, and I'm still not done, also with work and family, sometimes it's hard to find the time.  Having said that, the wife and I found some time this week to watch some movies. Of course it wouldn't be complete without a large pepperoni pizza for me and a veggie for Claudia and Sofia.

Sofia ate pizza but wasn't part of the movie session, shes a little too little for these type of movies.  Maybe when shes 35 she can watch them. LOL

So first I started by eating the whole pizza alone....well ok, Claudia had 1 slice without the pepperoni, I ate the other 9, LOL.  I love "Pizza Pizza", my favorite pizza place for sure.

Claudia and Sofia's Veggie Pizza

 My Pepperoni Pizza

Anyway, I won't be talking about the story line in detail I don't want to spoil it for anyone, so instead I will just write a quick sentence on what the movie is all about and whether we liked it or not.

Ok so here's what we picked for this week's night movie session. We started with a movie called
Columbus Circle. Its an independent thriller starring Selma Blair and Jason Lee from the movie 'A Guys Thing'.

The name Columbus Circle is an actual location in Manhattan by Central Park, so the story happens at an apartment at this location and it's centered around a woman who has lived in her apartment approximately 20 years without stepping foot outside and a murder that happens at at apartment across the hall. The movie is sneaky, which keeps you interested, so we were pleasantly surprised with the story, and how it ended.  Definitely not a blockbuster, but I believe most people will probably be pleasantly surprised We gave it a 4 out of 5 stars.

The next movie we picked was Trespass starring Nicole Kidman and Nicolas Cage.  It's also a Thriller film and was filmed in Louisiana.  Cage is a diamond dealer, but he and his wife are taken hostage by extortionists, who break into their home during the night.  Although we liked it, we found it to be a little aggressive, but that's how thrillers go sometimes, its definitely not a romantic comedy :).  Let me just say that we've seen these two actors in much better movies, but at the end of the day they did a good job, specially Kidman.  For that we gave it a rating of 3.5 stars out of 5. This is a movie you see it once and you're done with it.  For some, it's probably not their cup of tea.
The movie posters do not belong to this blog.

Well that's it for this week, stay tuned as I will be posting more movie suggestions soon. This weekend we are celebrating Thanksgiving, for those who also celebrate this day Happy Thanksgiving.

Rui

12 comments:

  1. oh, cute! I love doing such simple things, it's kind of fun! Thank You for sharing such a nice post!
    Wish you a blessed day ahead!

    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog!!!
    Started following you via GFC, would you like to follow me?

    xx
    http://magicalsergiofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sergio, following you also. :)

      Delete
  3. Todos me caem em cima quando digo que não sou grande fã do Cage mas adoro a Nicole! Essa comida tem um excelente aspecto omg, agora comia! Beijinho querida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe eu por acaso sou fa dele e adoro a Nicole, ela e sempre fantastica. Este post foi feito pelo maridao. Noite divertida em familia!:)

      Delete
  4. Olá Claudia!
    Pizza e filmes bom demais...hummmmmm!

    Bjs

    ReplyDelete
  5. A tua pizza tem um aspecto fantastico,adorei :)

    Boa semana*

    ReplyDelete
  6. A D O R O!!!!!
    Muito obrigada pela nomeação!!!
    Bjos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and my husband's post. Take care everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must come to Italy to eat the real pizza doll! I'm waiting for you here!!!
    <3
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. é um excelente programa:))))
    ************
    THE HF BLOG
    http://the-hf-blog.blogspot.pt/
    https://www.facebook.com/HF1BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.
With Love,
Claudia Persi