Friday, January 03, 2014

WINTER TROUBLES

Hi all.
It's Rui here, Claudia's husband and personal photographer.  I haven't posted much as I've been busy with home renovations, but today I wanted to share with you a quick photo I took on the way to work.
This morning in Toronto the temperature was -21 degrees Celsius, add in the wind chill factor and it was -35, no big deal for us Canadians.  Since it's Friday, I should drive in to work a bit later, work very hard on the Internet, :) have lunch, chit-chat with my co workers for another couple of hours and when you know it, it's time to go home. Drive 10 minutes, and arrive at home where Claudia and Sofia are waiting to greet me with a bottle of wine and a glass of apple juice for Sofia. That's how it should be on a perfect Friday, but just my luck, on the coldest day of the winter so far, on the way home, I get a flat tire. Well, if I can renovate a home, it should be no problem changing a tire. Boy, was I wrong!  I've changed a spare tire before, but never in a day like today. To make things worse, my phone was almost dead, but I was able to call Claudia and a colleague at work, but when I was about to tell him where I was the phone went dead and I wasn't sure if he heard me. While waiting to see if anyone would show up, I decided to change the tire myself. To make a story short, without gloves, and my hands almost frozen, I ended up breaking my jack tool trying to lift the car and if that wasn't enough it ended up damaging the side skirt on the car. Unable to change the tire and not knowing if anyone would show up, I sat in the car for about two hours thinking I'm going to freeze to death.  In the end my colleague was able to figure out where I was stopped and helped me.  Lesson learned! To all you folks out there who live 10 minutes from the North Pole, make sure you dress warm, have your cell phone fully charged and most important don't slack off at work on Fridays. :) 
Have a good weekend everyone and happy new year to all of you.
Rui

21 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what an ordeal. 2hrs is a long time in the cold. So sorry you had to go through such a rough day. It must have been nice to get home to see Claudia and Sofia with or without a wine and apple juice, That alone will warm your heart instantly.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. -21 degree , it's 14 degree where I like and I am still freezing...
    Flat tire and no batter in phone, it was not your day my friend
    I am inviting you to join my SammyDress giveaway with 2 winners
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2014/01/sammydress-giveaway.html?m=0
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. While you are suffering with the cold weather, here in Rio de Janeiro we are suffering with hot weather!!! Yesterday the temperature felt like 50°C!!! Have a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Acho que não aguentava temperaturas tão baixas :O

    Beijinhos*

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi! nice blog!
    follow to follow?
    let me know!!

    http://defishencia.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olá, sou a Daniela do antigo blog chamado Secrets of My Life e é para avisar que mudei de link, caso seja seguidor do meu blog, tem que "deixar de seguir" e voltar a seguir, para receber todas as novas notificações.
    Peço desculpas pelo incomodo.
    O meu novo blog: http://ddocesonhadora.blogspot.pt/

    Obrigada.
    Beijinhos

    Daniela
    http://ddocesonhadora.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oi Claudia. O Doce Sonhadora não é outro blog, eu simplesmente mudei de Secrets of My Life para Doce Sonhadora, mudei o nome e o link, se reparares os posts estão lá todos do secrets of my life.
    Eu tive que mudar pois já nao me sentia "segura" com o outro link :)
    beijos

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even begin to image how cold that feels, but so glad you are safe with you family.

    Wishing you guys a warm and cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quality articles or reviews is the secret to attract the users to visit the website, that's what this site is providing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Infelizmente, a cada ano que passa, este tipo de situação tende a piorar... estamos interferindo demais no planeta !!

    bjssss

    ReplyDelete
  11. Olá já estou a seguir o teu blog! Bem que temperaturas baixinhas.
    Beijinhos

    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bem isso é que é frio, que horror! Para mim 5º já é um frio horrível então com temperaturas negativas não me aguentava. Mais uma vez muito obrigada querida e um beijinho grande à tua menina <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my goodness! that sounds terrifying, glad youre safe!

    www.thestylebender.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! wow so cold is there! here in my country is summer now! your blog is nice! :)
    xoxo

    My blog:http://morethanskinandbones.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Credo! Ainda eu me queixo quando estão 8 graus!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Que friooo que deve estar..
    Beijinho das três e bom ano!
    http://stylebythree.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ai este frio é horrível! Eu ainda me estou a habiruar, e está a custar imenso! Beijinhos, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  18. e eu já me queixo como se não houvesse amanhã quando o termômetro aponta os 5ºC cá :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.
With Love,
Claudia Persi