Yesterday, I was getting ready to roast one of my favorite vegetables, butternut squash.
As I was scooping out the seeds, I wondered if instead of throwing them away I could roast them for a healthy snack.
You can check out my Butternut squash recipe here: http://claudiapersi.blogspot.ca/2013/03/roasted-butternut-squash.html
My easy steps:
1. Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds
2. Separate them from the butternut squash flesh and stringy bits.
3. Give your seeds a good rinse with cool water and then pull of any remaining bits of squash that is still clinging to the seeds
4. Preheat oven to 400°F
5. Drain them and shake off any excess water and spread on a clean kitchen towel and dry thoroughly
6. Place seeds in a bowl and add your favorite oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast until golden and crispy for about 15 minutes. Let it cool down a bit and serve warm or at room temperature.