Tuesday, January 06, 2015

SATURDAY DISCO FEVER BY ESSIE


Hello my loves, 
Saturday Disco Fever, a bright beautiful orange, part of Essie's Summer 2013 Neon Collection. It retails for $8-9 per bottle. The formula on this one is pretty good, it wasn't streaky at all, I used 2 coats and then used 201 clear top coat by Calvin Klein. Without the clear top coat, it gave me a matte result.  The clear top gave the color more shine, just the way I like it. The application was pretty easy and didn't take too long to dry. 
I used to love this brand and I have to admit I still have some Essie nail polishes left in my collection, but after finding out almost 2 years ago that it's not a cruelty free brand, I simply stopped purchasing from them.
It's a shame that great brands like these still didn't opt for cruelty free. 
 Like I said, it's a beautiful color specially if you are wearing dark colored clothes or even better in the summer, but if you ask me if I recommend this brand, no, I don't, not until they stop testing on animals!!! If you wonder what nail polish brands don't test on animals please view this post I did a while ago. http://claudiapersi.blogspot.ca/2013/11/10-favorite-cruelty-free-nail-polish.html 
I will soon be making more cruelty free posts, so stay tuned. 
Sorry for the honest opinion, but I really wanted you to know!
Remember beauty is only beautiful when you are not hurting anyone!

Have a great week everyone!
Claudia

23 comments:

  1. Não fazia ideia disso.... Por acaso, não tenho nenhum dessa marca...!
    Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nem conhecia a marca sequer...

    http://checkinonline.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adoro a cor! O vermelho é a minha cor preferida e adoro ver as unhas pintadas desta cor.
    Beijinhos para todos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claudia!!! Hi there! Happy 2015! Saw your comment and thank you so much for he continued love. You were such an amazing part of my 2014 and i look forward to your future posts.

    Now, red is one of my favorite colors especially with nail polish and makeup. This is such a beautiful rich red color. I am working on building on my nail polish collection and i appreciate your honesty and tips. Kisses!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a pretty color. Maybe you can find another brand that doesn't have the same issues but has a similar color. (You've probably already thought of that, right?:)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's always good to see you. Happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know, dont be sorry, sharing is caring! Great review. Have a fantastic 2015!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    instagram.com/gracenjio

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your honestly! I'm just surprised that not all cosmetics are cruelty free in this time and age. We have the technology to test without using animals.

    Happy New Year Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ,what a beautiful Shade! Love Essie Nail Polishes :)
    i follow new. Follow back? :)

    Lovely Greets from Austria ,kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. so true, alteast such big and popular brands can spread a word on being cruality free
    nice color though
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiaary.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The most important is to not dry to long ;) Nice colour, the best for this carnival time ;) Greetings :* www.sandina.pl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great nail polish! Dear Claudia, I wish you a Happy New Year with joy, health and wishes coming true!
    Kisses

    http://flashforwards.blogspot.de/2015/01/blush-pink.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vermelho é vermelho *-*

    *Beijinhos*
    Caty<3
    http://myfairytale4.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unhas maravilhosa amei a cor Curta e siga o meu canal
    https://www.youtube.com/user/NekitaReis
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  14. É uma pena realmente :(
    Costumava comprar os vernizes deles e adorava, quando descobri que eles não eram cruelty-free.
    Essa cor fica super bem na tua cor de pele :)

    http://ohmyshoess.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, I love the color and the shine. Not too red and not too orange!! Thank you for visiting my blog and for subscribing on YouTube. It means a lot to me :)

    Louisa
    www.LaPassionVoutee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous nail color !
    xoxo
    Liza
    www.lizacorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. a cor é muito linda :D
    bom fim de semana :)
    beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great colour, always was a fan of orangee-red tones!
    Too bad they are not cruelty free brand, maybe they will change it someday.

    Tanya
    stripesnvibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.
With Love,
Claudia Persi