Monday, January 26, 2015

WHAT NOT TO SAY TO A PREGNANT WOMAN


 
31 weeks today!!!
Why is that most people feel the need to comment on how you look when you are pregnant? I remember the comments when I was pregnant with my first, but this time it seems to be happening all the time and trust me they are not all nice. Apparently the sight of a pregnant woman causes some people to lose their good manners. Seriously, why people feel it’s their place to comment on your body ever, let alone when you’re pregnant is beyond me. 
People should just realize that most pregnant women are extra sensitive about their appearance and should just be a little more compassionate.
It's just pure cruel, rude and so mean to call a pregnant woman fat, huge or even doubt when you say you are caring only one baby! 
Like seriously, I cannot believe the audacity of some people.  I mean, let's face it, I know I've putting on some weight, I can feel it and see it, trust me I own a mirror and a scale, but what am I supposed to do? I have a human being growing inside my body.  I’m an active mom and I eat as healthy as I can. What do they expect me to do? Go for a run? Lift some weights? Go to the gym everyday?  

Here are just a few things you should never ever say or do to a pregnant woman! 
Are you sure it's not twins?
Wow! You're HUGE! When are you due? 
Oh no way you are going to make it until your due date.
It's going to be really difficult to get your body back. 
Have you thought about how you're going to lose that baby weight?
You are going for a natural birth right?
Are you planning on breastfeeding?
You'll never sleep again!
Eat! You're eating for two now!
Do you have any stretch marks? Can I see? 
Oh my gosh you're pregnant? Was it planned or an accident? No more kids after this one right? You're not getting any younger!
Touch a pregnant woman's tummy without asking.
Give lots of unsolicited advice.

I'm pretty outgoing and most of the time I can laugh it off, but it's not always easy. 
Have a great week everyone! I will be back soon! 
Claudia

25 comments:

  1. hi dear,i'm so happy for you!!this is a fab news
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estás com uma barriga linda! :)

    http://checkinonline.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. what , are u seroous , people actually have the audacity to say all this shit . may god give them some maners and brains too
    shit man , i am so irritated , a pregnant women should be treated like a queen and should be kept happy , surrounded by posotivity
    well , girl , let haters say what they want, ur on family way and just enjoy ur pregnancy
    love
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, people are really awful like this? Maybe I was lucky that I still didn't understand the language of the country where I live now when I was pregnant ;-)
    Wish you all the best!!

    Rosa
    Styleyourselfinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jura que fazem esses comentários?! Que crueldade :| Coisa mais linda essa barriga querida! Que tudo corra bem querida Cláudia :))

    Love,
    Sweet Camomile

    ReplyDelete
  6. Opá, a sério?
    É como cada comentário!
    Acho que um dia que seja eu vou mandar muita gente para um sitio que eu cá sei!

    Isa M., Tic Tac Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sim querida, as palavras cá mudam muito de ilha para ilha! :)
      Mas sim, cá em S.Jorge, já ouvi a expressão "grossa" com o significado gorda, há pessoas mesmo que não tem noção daquilo que dizem, e outras até parece que não têm espelhos em casa. É triste!
      Estás como uma barriguinha linda, como é suposto uma grávida ter. Enfim, não vale mesmo a pena ligar a comentários maldosos!

      Isa M., Tic Tac Living

      Delete
  7. There is time to put wait and time to loose wait.
    Certainly pregnancy is not suit for the first.
    There is time for everything.
    For now just enjoy, and cut off with rude people!
    Warm wishes!
    Paula
    vidademulheraos40.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh estás tãooo lindona


    tarasemanias.pt

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi darling, very beautiful looks
    I wish you an happy day
    http://tr3ndygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Que barriga mais linda!! Parabéns.
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tens toda a razão! A minha irmã também está grávida, ainda da primeira filha, e ouve esse tipo de comentários... achei curioso estares/seres do Canadá, o meu namorado é canadiano :) ah e parabéns por mais um bebé a caminho *

    ReplyDelete
  12. Concordo Cláudia, há quem não tenha o minimo de noção no que diz :(

    E está tão bonita ;) Parabéns :)

    Beijinho*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha pessoas que conseguem mesmo ser totós. Não acredito que dizem estas coisas. As vezes é melhor estarem caladas!

    Essa barriguinha está linda e tu maravilhosa :)

    Portuguese Girl with American Dreams
    http://fromportugaltonyc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tão linda ! Eu acho que sinceramente não me vai saber nada bem ouvir uma ou duas coisas da tua lista , mas de certo , com as pessoas menos conscientes que me rodeiam , irei ouvi-lo.
    r: Pois , a rapariga que tiver a sorte de o agarrar irá ser muito feliz !

    ReplyDelete
  15. ADORO!!! Estás LINDA!

    Bjos grandes,

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha ouvi quase tudo o que mencionaste aqui, quando estava gravida... è complicado mas acabamos por rir dessas situações!
    :)
    beijinho
    http://mustbepink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Post! You are a beautiful Lady <3

    Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's awful, I'm so sorry! I think people who make comments like that do it to make themselves feel better about their pathetic lives and insecurities. So sad.

    I hope you and the baby are doing wonderful Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Interesting post!
    We can follow each other if you will.
    Just let me know)))
    I always follow back!
    http://elenabright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.
With Love,
Claudia Persi