Thursday, October 01, 2015

BUDGET OR SPLURGE

Is expensive nail polish worth it? 
Who doesn't love to splurge once in a blue moon? I certainly do, but I also love a good deal. 
Once in a while I like to treat myself to a new shade, but I personally don't find the need to always splurge on expensive nail polish unless I find a color that I really love and know I will wear a lot. If you have the means, I definitely recommend investing in a few high-end shades that you know you'll wear frequently. 
Today I am wearing this beautiful Essence nail polish, a brand I discovered a few months ago. I love this pink tone on my nails, I've been wearing it for about three days now and it still looks as good as the day I applied it. No chips, streaks, peeling, bubbling...
The quality of this $1.99 nail polish is really awesome.  I even went back and bought some for my mom. 
As you can see in the pictures, there isn't much of a difference with my Dior Plaza 579, I believe I payed almost $40 for this one.
One of the things I really love about Essence is that it's a cruelty free brand so thumbs up for them. As you know I stop buying a lot of brands after discovering that they still test on animals. On a side note, if you love animals and you are against animal cruelty like I am, please consider buying from cruelty free brands. I believe Dior is also a cruelty free brand,  I saw them on the PETA list and have contacted Dior and they confirmed that they do not test on animals. If you have any other information about this please let me know.

Are there any high-end nail polish shades that you absolutely love? 
What are the ones you believe are worth spending money on? 
Do you ever splurge on nail polish or you prefer to stay on budget? 
Please leave your comments and questions down below, I always love to read them.

Love
Claudia

11 comments:

  1. Claudia you have gorgeous nails. I love essence nail polish. It's really great quality for that price. Every once in a while there is a bottle that isn't that great, means you need more than one coat, but it's maybe one out of ten, while I had more failures with Essie. Anyway, I have lots of essence nail polish bottles and love them dearly, they dry fast (very important for me) are of good quality and some stay even up to a week and more without any chips. If you have a chance try the sparkle and sand effect ones, Claudia they are truly gorgeous, although it's a bit hard to remove but it's worth the effort. Sparkling like diamonds. Can you tell I am totally in love with them, lol. Or they gel nail polish #44 on air, it's awesome. OK I stop now, lol, I am totally in love with essence nail polish, hahaha.
    kisses
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. é maravilhoso!! Tenho que ir ver essa cor!! :)
    beijinhos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color really stands out beautifully. There are a few I wear on a regular basis that I don't mind spending extra money on, like Essie's Marshmellow, but I've never spent $40 on nail polish, that is a real treat! :)

    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful nailpolish color! I'm totally in love with these Gel Look Nailpolishes from Essence: they have a ton of different shades and the quality is great for the price. I already have 4-5 colors and I can't wait to get some more :)
    Hugs, Andy

    http://flashforwards.blogspot.de/2015/10/the-leaves-symphony.html



    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog!
    Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adoro, é uma cor super fresca!
    Beijinhos*

    r: Muito obrigada :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Que cor linda, quase iguais mesmo, e uma diferença de preço enorme! :)

    Isa M., Tic Tac Living

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.
With Love,
Claudia Persi